I feel like I say this at the beginning of every month, but really, where did April go!?
It was a beautiful whirlwind. More adventures. More memories. More progress.
I was feeling discouraged in April because it didn’t seem like much was happening in moving forward with my goals and intentions. The day to days were filled with hits and misses, but when I step back and look at the big picture, I can see I’ve moved forward.
Progress is progress. No matter how small.
- Margin — create space: this goal has been on my list in previous months and I’m not sure when it’ll be fully accomplished. It’s one I’m always working on getting better at. I don’t think I’ll ever “arrive” at good margin, but I’m striving for an improvement!
- Budget — track & communication: I’m proud of how my husband and I been handling our budget! We’re remaining open and transparent with each other about money spent and how we want to utilize our incoming funds. We’re working together and staying on top of it. Win!
- Hillary and Marc’s Wedding: What a fun time! Not a goal, but definitely a big focus for April. I had the honor of standing next to Hillary as she became a Mrs and it was such a joy!
- Punta Cana: Again, not a goal. But that’s okay! I like to include big projects, adventures, focuses here as well. We had an amazing trip!!! A blog post will be coming more about that 😉
- Pack: Check (x2)! I’m getting pretty good at it…
- Next right step — job: The job I’m currently in isn’t the best fit for me. While it’s served us very well financially, I’ve been feeling a need for a change. After much prayer and discussion, I’m excited that Eric and I have determined the next right step! More to come…
- Cultivate life — plants: I’ve recently developed an interest in plants and I’m working on improving my green thumb. So far, most of the plants are still alive and well, so yay!
- Unplug: It’s another repeat, but there are some goals that you need to be reminded of month after month. It’s still a struggle for me and I need to have it on my tending list to encourage myself do it, so it’ll stay right here.
- Breathe — meditate: I did not get into meditation as I intended to in April, but I did slow down and take moments to breathe. Any tips/resources on meditation for beginners, please share in the comments! <3
- Date night: This one can be easy to say “oh we’ll just go another time,” but I think being intentional in your marriage (and all important relationships) is crucial! It’s a great time to connect and unwind.
- Intentionally reach out: Cultivating strong relationships is a main goal of mine for 2017 and I want to be sure I’m doing all I can to make that happen. This has looked like an encouraging word to a friend, letting someone know I’m thinking about them, a phone call to my parents. I love it!
- Blog — plan and execute: This one started out pretty strong, but as you may have noticed I took an unplanned break. Thing got a bit crazy and instead of forcing content, I allowed myself the space to step back. And I’m okay with it!
- Speak life
- Sleep 7+ hours
- No snooze
- Time with God
- 10k steps/day
Some daily goals slipped away and some I stayed on top of. It’s clear where I put my focus and what I was fine with letting go of if needed. Despite the fact that all boxes aren’t marked off, progress was still made. The goal here isn’t to be perfect and check off every single item. The purpose is to do my best and cultivate the positive habits that are important to me. I’m still working on them and getting a little better every day.
Now, what’s ahead for this new month??
- Love Eric well
- Budget — communicate/decrease debt
- Serena’s Bachelorette weekend!
- Bridesmaid dress alteration
- Margin — space & days
- Anniversary gift complete
- Biz growth — samples out!
- Self care — meditate
- Cultivate relationships
- Be my own health success story
- Sleep 7+ hours
- NO SNOOZE
- Be creative
I love the beginning of a new month! It’s a fresh start yall! No matter how April went, it’s a new chance to move closer to our goals and chase those desires of our hearts. I’m about the growth this month. Growth for my plants and growth for my soul. So excited for what’s ahead!!!
What’s a goal you have for May? I’d love to know and encourage you along the way!