June 1st so you know what time it is! It’s time to look back at my progress over the last month while also looking forward to what’s to come! Before starting this process of intentional goal setting I didn’t care either way much about a new month. Now a fresh month excites me because it’s like a mini reset!
May brought lots of changes and with that some pivoting was needed. Progress was still made though! Instead of steady forward progress the changes turned our steps into a bit of a cha-cha, but that’s okay with me.
- Love Eric well — This will be a constant work in progress as love is a verb. You’re never really “done” (and if you think you are, check yourself and your relationship). Craziness of life can make this challenging at times, but it helps to have as a goal so I can remain focused and intentional. I’m not always great at this, but I do check in with Eric weekly to see how I did. I’m open to his feedback and want to allow space if he does have a suggestion on how I can be a better wife.
- Budget – communicate/reduce debt — Another work in progress! We are still openly communicating about our budget and where we stand financially. We don’t have a structured communication plan, but really just touch base as needed. That seems to be working well so far, so we’ll keep at that! Time to update the budget for June!
- Serena’s bachelorette weekend — Check! What a fun and special weekend! You can read more about it here
- Bridesmaid dress alteration — This one goes unchecked, but I’m actually about to do it after I finish this post. Time snuck away from me, whoops!
- Margin – space & days — I’m doing better at allowing open space in my schedule. I can breathe and that makes a huge difference!
- Anniversary gift complete — Check! Huge thank you to my talented friend, Catryn. I can’t wait to share the finished product with you! In the meantime, if you want to check out her work (which I highly suggest!) you can visit her here
- Biz growth – samples out — Getting into a new business has been an interesting journey so far to start, but it’s going well!! Thank you to those that have supported me ❤
- Procedure — So nothing serious, but earlier this month I did get a “skin tag” removed. I say that with quotations because it was much larger than your average tag. Regardless, it’s removed and the report from pathology came back as just a fatty tissue, so no worries there! And it’s healed nicely, so I’m happy!
- Unplug — This will continue to be a goal until it becomes a true habit. Unplugging has been so good for me! While I understand the positive effects, I’m worried I’ll let it slide if I’m not focused.
- Self care – meditate — I’m finally getting into a meditation habit! Quiet the mind and breathe. Definitely needed.
- Cultivate relationships — We aren’t meant to do this life alone, so I’m definitely focused on growing my important relationships. As adults with busy lives and hectic schedules it’s crucial to be intentional and be the one to reach out.
- Be my own health success story — I wasn’t exactly sure what I meant when I wrote this down, but I felt led to include it. Week to week it looked a bit different, but I’m taking complete responsibility for my body and health. If it’s not where I want it to be, it’s up to me. I’m writing my own success story!
- Sleep 7+ hours
- NO SNOOZE
- Be creative
Lots of repeats, but that’s okay. These daily goals are positive habits I’m working on cultivating in my life and habits take time to really stick. I’m proud of the progress that was made in these areas and I’m getting closer to creating those lasting habits.
June, I’m so excited for you!!!
- Pour into marriage
- Budget – pay off Chase
- Biz growth
- Matt & Serena’s wedding (yay!)
- Graceful job transition
- Real estate school
- Prayer & mediation
- Make plans with friend
- Meal plan & prep
- Sleep 7+ hours
- NO SNOOZE
- Spanish practice
I’m ready to dig in and cultivate beautiful things in June! Since there have been so many changes in our world, be on the lookout for a life update coming your way soon! I promise ya, it’s good and I’m so grateful! ❤
What’s a goal you have for June? I’d love to know and encourage you along the way!