This post contains affiliate links. See affiliate disclaimer here.
We’re halfway through the year! Can you believe it!? Whether you’ve been working through goals since January or you’re still waiting to get started, July 1st can be your January 1st. Reflect, write down your goals, and get after em! My Powersheets have made the biggest difference in making what matters happen.
- Budget Meeting: These are still going strong! We did overspend in June, but most of that was due to paying for our anniversary trip (worth it!) and lawn care. Homeownership isn’t all fun and games… Although we overspent, we kept open communication and were on the same page, so that’s a win.
Set up our willsResearch will: This goal kept getting moved month to month and I realized it needed to be broken down a step further to make it happen. My husband and I only have maybe 1 day together, so setting up our will was unrealistic. Instead we did some research and figured out where we want to get the will done and what type of plan is best for us. Now that’s settled and it’ll be quicker to move forward and (hopefully) accomplish in July!
- Complete + submit financial plan: Done! We’ve been working with a financial advisor to make sure our savings and retirement are on track! We have a ways to go, but while we’re young, we wanted to make sure we’re doing it all right from the start. We still need to review the plan provided based on our information, but the hard part of gathering everything is complete.
- Friend date: This was fun! I had a pool date with a friend and was able to get together with some of my real estate pre-licensing classmates. With a busy schedule it’s easy to go weeks or even months without seeing friends, but being intentional and scheduling dates is so worth it and good for the soul!
- Read book #6: I read a lot of personal development type books, but this month I mixed it up and read a “fun” book — Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I know it’s an oldie, but it’s still a goodie and such a fun summer read! I love Elizabeth’s writing style and the book inspired me to have more adventure and self care in my life.
- Anniversary plans: Plans are made! Our trip is all booked — leaving on our anniversary, July 9th! And his gifts have arrived. Year 2 is cotton which was tricky at first, but Etsy is wonderful and had tons of cute ideas. I’m excited to celebrate this milestone!
- Positive report at dentist: I had a work meeting scheduled for about the same time, so my dentist appointment got moved to July as you’ll see in my goals below.
- Support Eric with Vida Dulce: This has been so much fun and easy to do because I enjoy it! It takes a lot to run a business, especially at the beginning, so I’ve been trying to be as supportive as possible. I try to ask him every so often how I can support him better to make sure I’m not missing anything that would be helpful. It’s been an exciting journey so far and can’t wait to see how the shop continues to grow!
- Rest + care: The rest wasn’t 100% because I took a few 6am Pure Barre classes and I’m still trying to get into a good sleeping routine for waking up early. BUT I’m making progress. I was more intentional overall about sticking to an earlier bedtime so the rest will happen.
- Spend time well: I feel like good progress was made here. I’m working on using downtime first for most important activities like meditation or my devotional and then doing mindless activities like scrolling or watching YouTube videos once those are done. I can do both, I just have to make sure I’m prioritizing the most important so they don’t get shoved off my plate by the other things.
- Blog post: I did these weekly! I’m thinking about maybe adding a 2nd post for each week since I’m in a good flow — what do you think? Is there anything special you’d love to see on Flourish with Rach? I’d love to hear your feedback!
- Celebrate others: This month I realized how special it is to be intentional about celebrating others! That could be big things like a wedding or new job or little things like getting through a tough day! As I talked about in my June Round Up, celebrating others is such a fun way to cultivate relationships.
- Bible Plan — Achieved 30/30 days
- Write the Word — Achieved 28/30 days
- Pure Barre — Achieved 23/30 days
- Serve Eric — Achieved 30/30 days
Wow, I’m proud of this progress! I’ve had these 4 goals as my daily goals for a few months now and I think that’s been really beneficial. Each day I know my intentions — faith, wellness, and marriage. If I get those things done, then it’s a good day and I’m not so worried if nothing else happens. Don’t be afraid to keep the same goals month after month. It can take time to cultivate good habits and it’s definitely worth the focus. Little by little, a little becomes a lot.
- Celebrate 2nd wedding anniversary
- Budget communcation
- Set up wills with LegalZoom
- Friend date
- Read book #7
- Positive report at dentist
- Refresh blog branding
- Use time intentionally
- Blog post
- Encourage a friend
- Cultivate routines
- Declutter a space
- Mindful spending
- Bible plan
- Write the Word
- Move body
- Love Eric well
I’m thrilled about working towards these goals! We will be in Cancun, Mexico from July 9-16 to celebrate our anniversary, so I’m going to do my best! I’ve giving myself grace for however that turns out and I’m going to make sure I savor those moments and memories! ❤ What are you working towards in July!? Don’t forget to let me know what types of posts you want to see here — I do this for YOU! You will flourish today, darling! ❤