This post contains affiliate links. See affiliate disclaimer here.
July is a sweet and busy month! We have had a lot to celebrate (Fourth of July, wedding anniversary, Grand Opening for Vida Dulce), events, appointments, and all the regular life stuff. I’m sure you can relate. With such a busy season, I can’t imagine what my days would look like without my Powersheets.
This planner encourages me to be intentional, to be gentle on myself when I have a ton on my plate, and to work towards what matters most. They are sold out, but will be on sale October 24th for 2019 — trust me, you don’t want to miss out! Lets get into some progress and goals!
- Celebrate 2nd wedding anniversary: This was a joy! As you may have already read, we spent a week in Cancun and it was absolutely incredible! If you’re interested in reading about our trip, you can check that out here. As you can imagine, I learned a lot in our 2nd year of marriage — you can read about my marriage lessons here.
- Budget communcation: We are still going strong with this! We’ve gotten into a good rhythm, so a monthly budget meeting isn’t as important to us as just regularly staying in communication about our budget. We may not always have time for a sit down, but we make time for big decisions.
- Set up wills with LegalZoom: Yet again, this is getting moved to the next month. Oh well, we’ve been busier than anticipated! It will happen 🙂
- Friend date: I love that this is a goal! With such a busy month it can be easy to go weeks or even months without seeing friends. It’s not always easy to coordinate schedules, so we’ve been doing our best. It doesn’t have to be some grand plans. Even getting together in pockets of free time is well worth it and makes me feel so fulfilled. Friends are good for the soul.
- Read book #7: Check! I read The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod and started reading The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst as my vacation read. Both are books I’ve read before, but still good to read again! The Miracle Morning is practical and really encourages me to wake up earlier and make the most of my mornings to make the most of my life! It talks about the power of setting time aside in the morning to do the simple things that will make a huge impact on your days. For me, that’s time with the Lord, exercise, a good breakfast, meditation, learning, and a little time to decompress before I get my day started. It’s an awesome kick in the booty if you need it. Honestly, we probably all need it.
- Positive report at dentist: My dentist appointment was originally scheduled for June, but we ended up having a mandatory breakfast meeting at work, so I had to move it. It’s all done now though! I do have to go in for 3 fillings (ugh, I swear I take care of my teeth). These were fillings that were supposed to be done since my last appointment, but I totally forgot. But no new concerns, so that’s a win. You’ll see I have a new goal for August related to this.
- Refresh blog branding: This isn’t complete, but it is underway! I’m working with one of my best friends on this who is a talented designer and actually did my current logo. I’m craving a refresh of logo and branding since I’ve grown and this blog has pivoted a bit, so stay tuned! I’m excited about it!
- Use time intentionally: I have gotten so much better in this area. I still have times where I just zone out and scroll through my newsfeeds, but I don’t feel like that’s the worst thing if I’m using the rest of my time well. Sometimes I just need a brain break, you know?
- Blog post: This is going well! I’m considering increasing posts to two times a week instead of just one. There’s so much I want to say and I feel like maybe one post a week isn’t enough space to do it! We shall see. Bottom line, I’m enjoying writing and connecting with you! ❤
- Encourage a friend: I love this goal. It encourages me to think about others and how I use my words to brighten their day and lift them up. I’m a Words of Affirmation person, so there’s nothing better! Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11
- Cultivate routines: For so long I wanted to cultivate a good routine, but I didn’t know how to do it. I knew it would mean I’d have to wake up earlier and that would be impossible. Well actually it’s not and I’m doing it. It’s taken a while to get into the flow and to figure out how exactly I wanted to use my time. After some practice, I’ve found the routine that works well in this season.
- Declutter a space: This was a bit too vague for me. I think I would have had more success if I made it a bigger goal and just focused on one area so I could really dig into it. So that’s what I’m doing for August. The decluttering never stops. I did make progress in my closet and pulled out pieces that just don’t fit anymore or I won’t wear. Phew, that feels good!
- Mindful spending: You may or may not know this about me, but I’m a recovering spend-aholic. I used to shop like crazy (hence all the things I’m now decluttering). I’ve come a long way, but I still give into the impulses and the apparent “need to have this” feeling. Eric and I each have “fun money” in our budget. This is a set amount of money we can each spend without having to discuss it. I pretty much always go over or spend into next month’s, so I’m working on improving that. I am making progress here because it’s on my mind. Progress > perfection yall.
- Bible plan — Achieved 31/31 days
- Write the Word — Achieved 31/31 days
- Move body — Achieved 31/31 days
- Love Eric well — Achieved 31/31 days
I’m so excited about the progress made on my daily goals in July. This didn’t just happen though. I’ve been working at cultivating these goals into habits and it’s clicking. I believe a big reason for this is my newly adopted morning routine. It doesn’t get done every single morning, but most mornings it does. And if it doesn’t, I fit in the important things as I can throughout the day. It’s working for me! I’m striving for health in important life areas: physical, spiritual, and marriage. It won’t always look perfect, but I’m celebrating when I do well and storing up the grace in my heart for when things slip.
- Budget communication
- Set up our wills with LegalZoom
- Friend date (x3)
- Read book #8
- Simplify a space
- Whole30 — complete with Eric
- Transition well into promoted position
- Plan blog content — August & September
- Nurture plants — keep alive & well
- Serve Eric well
- Encourage someone
- Blog post published
- Cultivate life-giving routines
- Mindful spending
- Bible plan
- WTW (Write the Word) Journal
- Move body
- Pray with Eric
- Dental Care
We have a big month ahead with some new goals to reach for! You’ll notice a lot of my goals move from one month to the next. Sometimes this is because I need more time to complete it. For many of my goals, they are ongoing. Habits and rhythms I want to cultivate deeply, so they show up month after month.
There is not right or wrong way to set goals. If you keep many of the same goals, that’s okay. If you feel ready to mix it up, that’s okay. If you feel a need for a complete shift, that’s okay. You don’t have to hold up your goals to someone else’s to see if you’re doing it right enough. You do you, honey! If you keep your eyes fixed and focus on what matters most to you, you will be blown away by how your life looks a year from now. You got this! What goals are YOU working towards in August? Lets cheer each other on! ❤