Hello & welcome to my world!
Flourish with Rach is here to inspire, encourage, and empower you to live a life that is flourishing. A life that you love. A life that positively impacts those around you.
ABOUT THE BLOG
Flourish with Rach started out as a place to document my thoughts back in 2012 when I was a sophomore in college. I had just finished up a week at a leadership institute and I was feeling on fire to to make a difference in the world through my words. Of course, time slipped away from me between classes, friends, sorority life, and whatever else I was getting myself into on NC State’s campus. A few years ago I decided to bring it back under a new name (the one you’re seeing now), still as a way to share my thoughts, but with a focus on overall wellness.
Here at Flourish with Rach, you will find
Wisdom & lessons I’m learning along the way
Monthly updates on my goals & progress using my PowerSheets
Encouragement in the area of health & wellness
Tips & tricks
Things I’m loving
Hey girl, hey! I’m Rachel, the creator of Flourish with Rach. 26 year old wife, dog mom, sister, chocoholic, wine sipper, beach lover, friend, encourager, and real estate agent. A Wisconsin born North Carolina girl (Go Wolfpack!)
My ideal morning involves time in the Word, gratitude, meditation, exercise, and getting ready to rock the day ahead, but many mornings I’m just fighting for an extra 10 minutes of sleep. I go to bed too late and think too much sometimes, but I’m a work in progress.
Constantly evolving, learning, and striving to be better. I believe in taking chances and using every opportunity to grow. I do my best and where I fall short, God steps in. You don’t have to be perfect here, which is awesome because none of us possibly can be.
DYING TO KNOW MORE ABOUT ME? HERE ARE 10 FUN FACTS
- I love organization. It drives my husband crazy because I’m always rearranging the items in our home, but that’s a risk I’m willing to take 😉
- Also really love lists — to do lists are my jam and there’s almost nothing better than crossing something off!
- I was born in Wisconsin, so naturally that makes me a cheese lover! I can never say no to a bowl of mac and cheese.
- I was the pickiest eater growing up! My poor mother. I pretty much lived off of butter noodles (while the family ate spaghetti), chicken fingers, and lightly sauced pizza. I’m much more food adventurous now!
- My husband and I met in middle school aka the most awkward years of life. Due to that fact alone, I think we’ll be able to make it for the long haul!
- Peanut butter and avocado make everything better! Separately, of course — I don’t think I’m down for PB&Avo.
- I’ve had a thyroid issue since I was diagnosed in the 4th grade (hypo then hyper then back again…) and ultimately had it removed via radioactive iodine in college. It was a frustrating issue to grow up with, but it made me stronger.
- I’m a wannabe minimalist. I’ll never be the person that owns just 20 items or anything that extreme, but I do focus on contentment and things that bring me joy.
- I’m a sports fan and love attending games in person! My favorite sports to watch are football and baseball.
- One of my favorite ways to unwind and relax is Netflix on the iPad + Lush bath bomb. Currently guilty pleasures are Hart of Dixie and Friends
I’m so glad you’re here and pray this will be an awesome resource for you as you’re moving through this crazy, wonderful life. We’re in this together, beautiful!
If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. -John Quincy Adams